Welcome to Bob Ruhf's Michigan Site!
The top 30 signs that you might be from Michigan
Images of clouds over Beaver Island
Images of an urban street flood in Grand Rapids
Images of winter in Grand Rapids
Temperature climate data for various locations in Michigan
Michigan webrings that I have joined
Other web sites that I have created
Welcome to "Bob Ruhf's Michigan Site!" I have lived in Michigan for my entire life, and I am proud to say so!
I have several photo galleries that highlight the diversity of the seasons in Michigan. Click the "Beaver Island" link above to see pictures of clouds over Beaver Island, Michigan on a cool day in early May. Click the "winter" link above to see pictures of snowfall in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Click the "flood" link above to see pictures of urban street flooding following a summertime severe thunderstorm in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
I also have climate data for 14 locations in Michigan. This data shows normal and record temperatures for every day of the year at each location. You can view this data by clicking the "climate" link in the above table.
If you have any comments about these pages, please email me.
You might be from Michigan if:
1. You laugh out loud every time you see a news report about a blizzard shutting down the entire east coast.
2. You define summer as three months of bad sledding.
3. You think Alkaline batteries were named for a Tiger outfielder.
4. You can identify an Ohio accent.
5. You know how to play (and pronounce) Euchre.
6. The Big Mac is something that you drive across.
7. You believe that "down south" means Toledo.
8. You bake with soda and drink pop.
9. You drive 86 on the highway and you pass on the right.
10. Your Little League baseball game was snowed out.
11. You design your Halloween costume to fit over your snow suit.
12. You know how to pronounce "Mackinac."
13. The word "thumb" has a geographical rather than an anatomical significance.
14. You have experienced frostbite and sunburn in the same week.
15. You expect Vernor's when you order ginger ale.
16. You know that Kalamazoo not only exists, but that it isn't far from Hell.
17. Your snowmobile, lawn mower and fishing boat all have big block Chevy engines.
18. You know the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter, and Construction.
19. Traveling coast to coast means driving from Port Huron to Muskegon, or Escanaba to Marquette.
20. Half the change in your pocket is Canadian, eh?
21. You show people where you grew up by pointing to a spot on your hand.
22. You know which leaves make good tissue paper.
23. The municipality buys a zamboni before a bus.
24. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes get filled with snow.
25. Shoveling the driveway constitutes a great upper body workout.
26. Your definition of a small town is one that doesn't have a lake.
27. You learned to pilot a boat before the training wheels came off your bike.
28. You don't understand what the big deal about Chicago is.
29. Snow tires come standard on all your cars.
30. The trees in your back yard have spigots.
31. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
This photo overlooks Lake Michigan from the top of a sand dune at Warren Dunes State Park
The background used on this page is courtesy of: